Get your wok ready…
About this Recipe
By: Gluten Free Helly
It was quick to pull together and would make an easy mid-week dinner but you could also prepare the sauce in advance then just add the prawns and reheat when you are ready.
- 120ml cold vegetable stock (I used Kallo gluten free vegetable stock cube)
- 1 tsp gluten free soya sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar
- 1 level tsp Spice Kitchen’s ‘Chinese Spice’ Blend
- 2 tsp gluten free cornflour
- 280g fresh tofu, cubed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- 1″ fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small or 1/2 green or red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into strips
- 60g bamboo shoots
- 6 medium sized white mushrooms, sliced
- Plus any other vegetables you wish to add
- 25g toasted cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Step by Step Instructions
I used what I had in the fridge and cupboards at the time but you could easily add or change the vegetables in this. Try using strips of pepper, broccoli, beansprouts, or baby sweetcorn. You could change the white mushrooms for either chestnut or shiitake mushrooms.
I serve mine with either white or brown rice. Enjoy and have fun creating.
Start by preparing your sauce. When your stock is cold, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
Whisk into a smooth sauce and put to one side.
I would recommend doing this as it is fast cooking!
Prepare all your ingredients before you start cooking.
Heat the coconut oil in a wok over a medium to high heat, add the onion and cook for a couple of minutes stirring continuously so it gets evenly cooked and doesn’t burn.
Add the sauce and stir until it has thickened, reduce the heat, then add the cashew nuts and sesame seeds. Cook for 1 minute then serve.